Skip To Main Content


Substitute Teachers

Anyone holding a Bachelor's degree is eligible to become a substitute teacher. Preble County requires all applicants to interview with the County Superintendent, Mr. Shawn Hoff prior to submitting paperwork to the Educational Service Center. Individuals interested in applying for a full-time teaching position can download the necessary employment information.

Required Documents

  1. Substitute Teaching Application
  2. OfficialTranscripts showing date Bachelors Degree was conferred.
  3. Valid Certificate or License from the Ohio Department of Education.
  4. Criminal Background Check from BCII and FBI. These must be less than 365 days old and have been sent electronically to ODE. Otherwise, new background checks are required. (Both these checks can be performed at the ESC for a cost of $64.00. Exact cash accepted only.)

* These documents must be on file at the Preble County ESC prior to being placed on the Substitute Teaching List.

Completed application and required documents should be mailed or brought to:
Preble County Educational Service Center
597 Hillcrest Drive
Eaton, Ohio 45320
* Substitute teachers are assigned by use of the AESOP ONLINE SUBSTITUTE CALLING SYSTEM.


Individuals with a Bachelors Degree in any field may be eligible to be substitute teachers at all grade levels. Those interested in becoming a substitute must:

1. Interview with the Preble County ESC Superintendent

2. Complete an application

3. Be fingerprinted and approved by the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and FBI as required by H.B 190

4. Provide a teacher's certificate or official college transcript verifying a Bachelor's Degree

5. Be eligible to work in the United States

6. Apply for a Substitute License from the Ohio Department of Education.

For questions on how to become a substitute teacher in Preble County, please contact Jennifer Hemstra at (937) 456-1187 ext. 125.

All Preble County school districts use the Absence Management automated substitute placement service as their method of contacting substitutes for work.

For questions on the Absence Management system in Preble County, please call (937) 456-1187 ext. 120. You may also


Information for Current Substitute Teachers

Current Substitute Teachers who are Experiencing Log In Issues with the Absence Management website, should visit the following Trouble Shooting Guide: Absence Managment Trouble Shooting


Substitute Teachers who are experiencing issues with the Jobulatory App may find helpful information on the following website Jobulator Help & Support